A3 2400S can scan to 2400 dpi with a small area in TWAIN panel. for ScanMust Quick scanning just can support Scan to 1200 DPI.
if lines occur on the scan, kindly proceed with ‘Clean calibration’. After the clean calibration the scan does not show lines anymore.
1. Open Safari and go to http://www.mustek.com/support.html download page.
2. On the left side of the download page, click the arrow on the Product Name field to open the product list, then select your scanner model, for example A3 1200S. Select either “C9A” or “D21” in the below filed that matches the first 3 digits in the serial number sticker on the scanner.
3. Click the arrow on the Type field, and then select “Utilities” from the list. Select your region from the Download dropdown menu in the Utilities- Image Acquire column to download the driver. When the download prompt pops up, click "Save" to download the file then install it to your Mac OS X.
4. Find the ImageAcquire in "Applications" folder on your Mac computer. Then, double click on the ImageAcquire to launch it.
5. When Image Acquire opens, select the correct scanner from the device field that is connected to your Mac, and then click “Acquire”.
Then, the TWAIN interface will open in the Image Acquire, and is ready for scanning.
1. Mustek A3 scanner cannot support using “Image Capture” included in Mac OS X.
2. Mustek A3 scanner can support using the supplied Image Acquire software on Mac OS X.
3. Mustek A3 scanner can support using the TWAIN-compliant scanning applications, such as Adobe Photoshop.
1. Ensure your Mac computer has been connected to the scanner using supplied power adapter and USB cable.
2. Click the Apple Logo in the upper left corner of the screen, then “About This Mac”.
3. Click the “System Report” button to open System Information dialog.
4. Select “USB” under the Hardware list in the left sidebar. Find “Vendor-Specific Device” in the USB Device Tree under USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus, then click on it and in the section below you will see the Product and Vendor ID for the scanner. If you can’t find it, this means the scanner is not well connected to the Mac computer. Please try to connect the scanner to the different USB port on your Mac computer, and check again under the USB Device Tree / USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus. If the scanner is still not found, please contact your dealer or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. When the scanner is detected on your Mac computer, and the scanner driver corresponding to your scanner model has already installed, you will be able to use the scanner with the Image Acquire on the Mac.
1. Turn off the iMac, and unplug all the USB devices from your iMac.
2. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
3. Plug machine back in.
4. Press the power button.
5. Hold down command option PR on boot.
6. Hold these down until the machine reboots, let go of keys.
7. Boot normally.
8. Plug in 1 device (mouse or keyboard)
9. Test All of the ports!
10. Plug in back our A3 scanner and check whether can find our scanner from Mac OS USB list.
A3 series scanner is supplied with Panel V2.0 application which can provide scanning resolution of max. 600dpi.
If you want to scan in a higher resolution image, you can scan within an image application via TWAIN interface, such as Presto! PageManager 9.54 supplied with your scanner, or other application (e.g. Photoshop).
1. Right-click on the Computer icon in the Windows desktop, then select "Manage".
2. Open "Computer Management", then select “Device Manager”.
3. Find the "Other devices" category, and right click on "Unknown device" to select "Properties" from the popup menu.
4. Click the "Details" tab, and then select "Hardware Ids" from the Property field. You will see a Product and Vendor ID in the Value box.
1. Click the Apple Logo in the upper left corner of your screen, then "About This Mac".
2. Select "System Report" tab to open the System Information dialog.
3. Select USB in the Hardware section. Find "Vendor-Specific Device" in the USB Device Tree, then click on it and in the box below you will see a Product and Vendor ID.
1. Click on the “System Hard Disk”, and then “Library” folder.
2. Remove your scanner model from the Bundles folder and your scanner model’s TWAIN files from the TWAIN Data Sources in the Image Capture folder.
3. Now the scanner drivers are uninstalled from your computer.
1. Please check if your computer has recognized the scanner. Go to the "Device Manager", and "Imaging devices" category to check if your scanner model is shown correctly.
2. If you can’t find your scanner in the "Imaging Device" category, and you find the "Unknown device" in the "Other devices" category, please use following methods to remove it. (a) Unplug and replug the scanner’s power supply. (b) Unplug and replug the USB cable, and connect to another USB port on the computer. (c) Uninstall the driver, and then reinstall it. Restart the computer after installation is complete. (c-1) If the "Windows Security" message appears during installation, please click "Install this driver software anyway" to finish installation. (c-2) If the driver is downloaded from the official website, please check again the model name of the driver is correct. For A3 600S, A3 1200S, and A3 2400S series, not only the model name but also the first 3 digits of serial number must be the same as the driver.(d) If your computer still can’t recognize your scanner, please contact our online technical support at the official website and provide following information. (1) Scanner Model Name (2) Scanner Serial Number (3) The type of operating system you used (4) Scanner’s Hardware Product ID (PID) numbers Method: To find the PID numbers, go to "Device Manager" > "Unknown Device" > "Properties" > "Details" > "Hardware Ids".
1. Unplug and replug the scanner’s power supply.
2. Unplug and replug the USB cable, and connect to another USB port on the computer.
3. Uninstall the driver, and then reinstall it, then restart the computer after installation is complete.
4. For A3 series scanner, please check if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable is installed properly. If not, remove the installed driver, and then reinstall it.
Method: Go to Windows “Control Panel”, “Programs”, and then “Uninstall a program”.
1. Go to the Windows "Control Panel", and then select "Hardware and Sound".
2. Select “Device and Printers”.
3. Right click the icon of your scanner, and then select "Scan properties".
4. Right click the icon of your scanner, and then select "Scan properties".
5. Click on the "Events" tab. Make sure the Select an event field is set to "Cover Driven", and the “Take no action” is ticked at the Actions box.
1. Open "My Computer". Right click on your scanner, then select "Properties" from the popup menu.
2. Click on the “Events” tab. Make sure the Select an event field is set to "Cover Driven", and the "Take no action" is ticked at the Actions box.
3. Now, the auto launch of software triggered by the scanner cover is disabled.
Please follow below procedures to update to the latest version of our app via iTunes on your computer.
If you get a message after click on the iScan app icon then press "OK".Go Mac System Preferences >> Security & Privacy and then press "Open Anyway" button.
The installer will detect whether your computer is installed with the .Net Framework and Visual C++ 2013 prior to installing the driver.
If they are not found, the installer wizard will start install these 2 components automatically, and then install the ADF scanner driver.
Only WIA scanning interface can be configured to use the scanner dialog for your scanner, other scan tools will not be accessible such as the scanning panel, TWAIN scanning interface, calibration utility, Hotkey scanning interface.
WIA scanning interface can't be configured, however TWAIN scanning interface and the Hotkey scanning can be used with the scanner.
(1) Check if the scanner is connected to your computer and the power is turned on.(2) Open the "Device Manager" in Windows, right-click on the scanner to check if PID number of the scanner is correct.(3) If none of above methods works, we suggest you to uninstall the driver, and then reinstall it.
(1) Open "Control Panel" in Windows, check if the Visual C++ can be found in the "Programs and Features" list.(2) Check the WIA Driver components are copied to the correct location as following: C:/Windows/System/ADF(XXX)Wia.dl /ADF(XXX)Wia.ini /MKCoInstaller.dll /MTSWerrhandler.dll /MTSWimgfilter.dll C:/Windows/twain32/(model name)/ADFSpi.dll(3) After all above methods are tried out but still not working, then please uninstall the driver, and then reinstall it.
(1) Clean the flatbed glass and ADF components. (Refer to the User's Manual)(2) If above method doesn't help, then calibrate your scanner. (Refer to the User's Manual)
(1) Do not use calibration sheet other than supplied with the scanner to perform the calibration.(2) Do not open the cover during the calibration as this may affect calibration accuracy and cause an error in the scanned image.(3) If none of above methods works, it might be scanner hardware related problems.
(1) The scanner is compatible with Windows 7, 8.1 or greater for WIA scanning. Windows XP and Vista is not supported.
1. Check if the “Hotkey Utility” is activated as the following: Method: Go to the System Tray on the bottom right of your screen, and find the “iDocScan xxx” icon. If you can’t find it, go to Programs\iDocScan xxx, then click on the “Hotkey Utility” to activate it. Note: “xxx” is the model number, eg. D50, D25, D20, S20.
2. If the “Hotkey Utility” is activated, check if your computer is installed with Microsoft.NET Framework 4 client Profile. Method: Open the Windows "Control Panel". Check if the Microsoft.NET Framework 4 can be found in the "Programs and Features" list. If you can’t find it, it is suggested to remove the scanner driver first, and then reinstall it. The .NET Framework will be installed automatically during the installation.
3. After all above methods are tried out but still not working, it might be scanner hardware related problems.
1. Check if the iDocScan scanner is installed successfully. Method: Connect the scanner to a computer and turn on the power. Open Windows "Device Manager", and check if there is a scanner appeared with a yellow exclamation mark. If so, remove the scanner driver, and then reinstall the driver. If there is still problem, please provide your scanner’s PID numbers to us, so we can help you to determine the problem. How to find the scanner PID numbers:
(1) Connect your scanner to a computer. (2) Open Windows "Device Manager", and find the scanner appeared with a yellow exclamation mark. Right-click on it, then select “Properties”. (3) On the top of the Properties dialog, click on “Details”, then select “Hardware IDs”. You will find the scanner PID numbers Vid_055f and Pid_xxxx.
2. If the scanner is installed successfully, please check if your computer is installed with Microsoft.NET Framework 4 client Profile.
Method: Open the Windows "Control Panel". Check if the Microsoft.NET Framework 4 can be found in the "Programs and Features" list. If you can’t find it, it is suggested to remove the scanner driver first, and then reinstall it. The .NET Framework will be installed automatically during the installation.