A3 2400S can scan to 2400 dpi with a small area in TWAIN panel. for ScanMust Quick scanning just can support Scan to 1200 DPI.
if lines occur on the scan, kindly proceed with ‘Clean calibration’. After the clean calibration the scan does not show lines anymore.
1. Open Safari and go to http://www.mustek.com/support.html download page.
2. On the left side of the download page, click the arrow on the Product Name field to open the product list, then select your scanner model, for example A3 1200S. Select either “C9A” or “D21” in the below filed that matches the first 3 digits in the serial number sticker on the scanner.
3. Click the arrow on the Type field, and then select “Utilities” from the list. Select your region from the Download dropdown menu in the Utilities- Image Acquire column to download the driver. When the download prompt pops up, click "Save" to download the file then install it to your Mac OS X.
4. Find the ImageAcquire in "Applications" folder on your Mac computer. Then, double click on the ImageAcquire to launch it.
5. When Image Acquire opens, select the correct scanner from the device field that is connected to your Mac, and then click “Acquire”.
Then, the TWAIN interface will open in the Image Acquire, and is ready for scanning.
1. Mustek A3 scanner cannot support using “Image Capture” included in Mac OS X.
2. Mustek A3 scanner can support using the supplied Image Acquire software on Mac OS X.
3. Mustek A3 scanner can support using the TWAIN-compliant scanning applications, such as Adobe Photoshop.
1. Ensure your Mac computer has been connected to the scanner using supplied power adapter and USB cable.
2. Click the Apple Logo in the upper left corner of the screen, then “About This Mac”.
3. Click the “System Report” button to open System Information dialog.
4. Select “USB” under the Hardware list in the left sidebar. Find “Vendor-Specific Device” in the USB Device Tree under USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus, then click on it and in the section below you will see the Product and Vendor ID for the scanner. If you can’t find it, this means the scanner is not well connected to the Mac computer. Please try to connect the scanner to the different USB port on your Mac computer, and check again under the USB Device Tree / USB 3.0 Hi-Speed Bus. If the scanner is still not found, please contact your dealer or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. When the scanner is detected on your Mac computer, and the scanner driver corresponding to your scanner model has already installed, you will be able to use the scanner with the Image Acquire on the Mac.
1. Turn off the iMac, and unplug all the USB devices from your iMac.
2. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
3. Plug machine back in.
4. Press the power button.
5. Hold down command option PR on boot.
6. Hold these down until the machine reboots, let go of keys.
7. Boot normally.
8. Plug in 1 device (mouse or keyboard)
9. Test All of the ports!
10. Plug in back our A3 scanner and check whether can find our scanner from Mac OS USB list.
A3 series scanner is supplied with Panel V2.0 application which can provide scanning resolution of max. 600dpi.
If you want to scan in a higher resolution image, you can scan within an image application via TWAIN interface, such as Presto! PageManager 9.54 supplied with your scanner, or other application (e.g. Photoshop).
1. Right-click on the Computer icon in the Windows desktop, then select "Manage".
2. Open "Computer Management", then select “Device Manager”.
3. Find the "Other devices" category, and right click on "Unknown device" to select "Properties" from the popup menu.
4. Click the "Details" tab, and then select "Hardware Ids" from the Property field. You will see a Product and Vendor ID in the Value box.
1. Click the Apple Logo in the upper left corner of your screen, then "About This Mac".
2. Select "System Report" tab to open the System Information dialog.
3. Select USB in the Hardware section. Find "Vendor-Specific Device" in the USB Device Tree, then click on it and in the box below you will see a Product and Vendor ID.
1. Click on the “System Hard Disk”, and then “Library” folder.
2. Remove your scanner model from the Bundles folder and your scanner model’s TWAIN files from the TWAIN Data Sources in the Image Capture folder.
3. Now the scanner drivers are uninstalled from your computer.
1. Please check if your computer has recognized the scanner. Go to the "Device Manager", and "Imaging devices" category to check if your scanner model is shown correctly.
2. If you can’t find your scanner in the "Imaging Device" category, and you find the "Unknown device" in the "Other devices" category, please use following methods to remove it. (a) Unplug and replug the scanner’s power supply. (b) Unplug and replug the USB cable, and connect to another USB port on the computer. (c) Uninstall the driver, and then reinstall it. Restart the computer after installation is complete. (c-1) If the "Windows Security" message appears during installation, please click "Install this driver software anyway" to finish installation. (c-2) If the driver is downloaded from the official website, please check again the model name of the driver is correct. For A3 600S, A3 1200S, and A3 2400S series, not only the model name but also the first 3 digits of serial number must be the same as the driver.(d) If your computer still can’t recognize your scanner, please contact our online technical support at the official website and provide following information. (1) Scanner Model Name (2) Scanner Serial Number (3) The type of operating system you used (4) Scanner’s Hardware Product ID (PID) numbers Method: To find the PID numbers, go to "Device Manager" > "Unknown Device" > "Properties" > "Details" > "Hardware Ids".
1. Unplug and replug the scanner’s power supply.
2. Unplug and replug the USB cable, and connect to another USB port on the computer.
3. Uninstall the driver, and then reinstall it, then restart the computer after installation is complete.
4. For A3 series scanner, please check if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable is installed properly. If not, remove the installed driver, and then reinstall it.
Method: Go to Windows “Control Panel”, “Programs”, and then “Uninstall a program”.
1. Go to the Windows "Control Panel", and then select "Hardware and Sound".
2. Select “Device and Printers”.
3. Right click the icon of your scanner, and then select "Scan properties".
4. Right click the icon of your scanner, and then select "Scan properties".
5. Click on the "Events" tab. Make sure the Select an event field is set to "Cover Driven", and the “Take no action” is ticked at the Actions box.
1. Open "My Computer". Right click on your scanner, then select "Properties" from the popup menu.
2. Click on the “Events” tab. Make sure the Select an event field is set to "Cover Driven", and the "Take no action" is ticked at the Actions box.
3. Now, the auto launch of software triggered by the scanner cover is disabled.